Sunday, February 7, 2010

Hello Kitty Write on Wipe off Board

This is a write on wipe off board that I made.  A few years ago, I saw this idea on the Cricut Message Board.  I don't remember who posted it, but I thought it was a very neat idea.  I asked my Dad if he could get me some plexi glass.  We called around and everyone locally was too expensive, so he went to Home Depot or Lowes and bought a piece of plexi glass and cut it into 12x12 pieces (and cut the scraps into like 5x7 pieces too)  This is only the 4th one of these I have made, even though I really like the way they turn out.  With this one, I cut the Hello Kitty at 5.5 inches and the letters are from Pooh Font with the Marker and Marker shadow feature cut at probably 2 inches.  I glued or double stick taped them to the patterned paper, then I drilled holes in the corners of the plexi glass and put large pink brads in the holes and poked then into the patterned paper and secured them.  On the top two brads, I also poked them trough ribbon and then tied the ribbon at the top.  I usually write a message on the board and give the receipent a dry erase marker as well.  Again, pretty simple! 

No comments:

Post a Comment